Website optimization consists of three main stages: Site Analysis, your Actions using Strawberry SEO tools, and Result Tracking. The process is cyclic, so after you finish the optimization, you need to do an analysis of what's been done and see what you can do to improve things further. Here's how to do this with Strawberry SEO.
1. Add your site to the projects
At the start, Strawberry SEO will open the wizard to help you add project data. You'll add keywords to check rankings, competitor domains to conduct competitive analysis, site pages to do the SEO audit and connect Google Analytics.
2. Use SEO Checklist as your roadmap
After the site has been added, you'll see the Site Dashboard which includes a conﬁgurable set of widgets with data from all Strawberry SEO tools. Pay attention to the 'Do It Yourself SEO' widget where you'll find out what needs to be done for your site in order to promote it the best way. Use it as a SEO Checklist mark each task as it has been done and move to the next one.
Rank TrackingCheck how you are performing in search engines The top listing in Google's organic search results receives 33% of the traffic (based on Chitika report). In the Rank Tracking tool you can track how your site is ranked by search engines. Your aim is to get more traffic, so your positions should be as high as possible.
1. Enter all the necessary settings for the rank check:
- select search engines (Strawberry SEO will automatically check your IP and add your own local search engine versions to your ranking report, but you may change them if your audience is located elsewhere);
- set up Rank Tracking to ﬁnd the rankings of your main URL and social profiles as well;
- add competitor domains;
- select which special (extended) results you would like to count in reports (images, ads, shopping)
2. Analyze your rankings
See the 'Detailed' Ranking report to find the individual site pages that were ranked. If your positions are low, you should decide which of your pages need to be ranked higher and optimize them.
1. Get suggestions on related keywords
To best do SEO for your site, you will need to know the optimal keywords for your site topic so the search engines can associate your site with them. How will you choose the best keywords? Go to the Keyword Tool's first report called 'Get Suggestions', enter your site theme, say 'seafood restaurant' and get keyword suggestions. Analyze the list and choose the keywords that most match your topic and that have a high search rate and desirably less competition so you will be able to occupy some niche.
2. Organize your keywords in a keyword basket
Store the keywords in the Keyword Basket, group them with tags for convenience (such as for filtering reports in other tools). You'll use these keywords to optimize the pages of your site selected in the SEO Audit.
1. Select landing pages
2. Get keyword-specific SEO advice on each landing page
Strawberry SEO will provide you with trusty SEO advice on how to optimize your site pages.
3. Get overall SEO advice on your site
Run the 'On-Site SEO' analysis and find out what you need to do to improve site usability and make your site more 'visible' to search engines.
4. Create a sitemap if you haven't done it yet
At this step it is reasonable to check if you have a sitemap for your site (the On-Site SEO report will alert you if you don't) and if the sitemap is missing, create it with the Sitemap Generation tool.
6. Sculpt your site theme by tweaking your internal link structure
On-site optimization also encompasses the clarification of your website theme with the help of an organized internal linking structure. Optimize your website link structure with the brand-new 'Internal Links Optimization' tool. Adjust the number of internal links to your most authoritative pages to get them ranked higher by search engines.
Track your optimization results
After you've done most of the SEO for your site, it's time to sum up results.
- Watch your positions rise with the Rank Tracking tool. Use the 'Compare to previous results' filter to understand the difference.
- Track if the number of backlinks has grown with the 'Backlink Quality Check' and if the quality of some specific important backlinks has or hasn't changed with the 'Backlink Integrity Tracking' tool.
- In order not to risk your search engine positions and to prevent a Google penalty, you can easily monitor your site backlink profile with Strawberry SEO and, therefore, quickly detect low-quality links and report them to Google. Use the 'Toxic Links' report located in the 'Backlink Quality Check' tool.
- In the 'Web Analytics' tool you will track visitors to your site, marketing campaigns performance and other important metrics.
- Learn your competitors' best practices with the help of our newly added Competitor Metrics reports. With this tool you will:
- always be informed about the pages of your site that need to be fine-tuned to outrank your competitors,
- know how well your website is doing compared to your competitors,
- analyze your competitors' traffic and estimate how many prospects they may get over a given time period.
- In the 'Web Buzz Monitoring' you will see the Social Tracker widget with your stats from social networks.
Reporting & Customization
1. Run the reports on a schedule
With Strawberry SEO you can also track all of this automatically on a schedule. Set up Strawberry SEO to run the reports automatically. Most tools contain a 'Scan schedule' option in the Scanning menu.
You can also set Strawberry SEO to send you a complete complex report on a schedule (use the Reports link at the top of the user interface to do this). This way you'll always know what's going on with your website.
2. Interface & Report Personalization
To customize these reports with your logo and color scheme, open the Interface & Report Personalization link in the top-right corner and use the 'PDF Report Customization' tab.
3. White-Label SEO Tools
If you are interested in the 100% white-labeling of all Strawberry SEO service including tools and reports, please contact us.
If you work in a team, Strawberry SEO offers collaboration facilities. Click the icon in the top right corner, select 'User Manager' to add a user group. Users of paid service plans can allow any other Strawberry SEO users (including the free ones) to work on their sites. You can share projects with them and provide them with various levels of permission (limits on keywords, scan frequency, ability to create new projects).
In general, your site performs well if the Average Ranking Position Trend rises (the trend widget is available in the Rank Tracking tool dashboard) and if the traffic to your site grows as a result (watch the Web Analytics tool).
If the numbers do not change or even fall, you'll need to go back to Keyword Research, SEO Audit, Link Earning to re-check the selected keywords, as well as the number and quality of backlinks and see what needs to be improved.
The SEO cycle never ends, but your great work will bring great results that's for sure.